Sunday, July 22, 2007

Watermelon Lime Spritzer

I have been looking for recipes that use watermelons, as I can get them so cheaply in Florida, sometimes two for a dollar at the farmer's market. So, flipping through the channels this weekend, I stopped when I saw this drink featured on the Food Network. It was a show I had never heard of, Simply Delicioso, where host Ingrid Hoffmann features Miami-style Latin food. The recipe included the use of a soft drink, something I don't buy. So, Pedro and I brainstormed an alternate recipe. To see Ingrid Hoffmann's original recipe, here is the link.

Watermelon Lime Spritzer, adapted for people who don't drink soda pop:

2 cups chopped, seeded watermelon
1/3 liter Perrier
1/2 cup (or more) ice cubes
juice of 1/2 a lime (add more, to taste, if you really love lime)
a couple of squeezes of agave nectar, or to taste, depending on how sweet the watermelon is naturally

Blend ingredients in a blender until ice is crushed. Alter sweetness if needed. Pour into glasses. Garnish with lime slices or wedges if desired.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: