Friday, May 25, 2007

LynnH's Teff Spice Muffins

I am finally easing out of my baking funk. I tried LynnH's enticing recipe for Teff Spice Muffins, and they were absolutely lovely. The photo doesn't do them justice. I first took photos of the three most attractive muffins, and then we ate them for breakfast. After breakfast, I realized the colors in the photos were way off, and I couldn't adjust them to my liking. So, I ended up taking retakes with the leftover muffins. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my new camera. So, use Lynn's photo as a guide for how beautiful they look. But enough of that.

I used three tablespoons of date sugar as a substitute for the sugar in the recipe, and that worked out great. And the spices are so nice. Actually the color and flavors remind me a bit of old fashioned gingerbread, despite the lack of ginger in the recipe.

No comments: