Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Esquites, Beans and Guacamole

This meal is refried black beans, guacamole and my own version of esquites. The beans have lime added to them for extra zing. The guacamole has avocado, roma tomato, cilantro, lime, salt and blanched red onion. These esquites have fresh corn, roasted poblano, roasted tomatoes, purple potatoes, red onion, roasted garlic, cilantro, lime, salt and olive oil. My esquites always have corn, lime and chile, but the other ingredients I add to them will depend on what I have on hand. Served with a side of broken tostadas. Vegan.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the husband, and I get to eat all this food! Last week I was the envy of my coworkers, when I brought these esquites for lunch and ate them at my desk. Several people told me they smelled and looked really good, which they did. Thanks, Kathleen!