Friday, September 14, 2007

Photos of Kansas City

I don't usually do this on this blog, but I am going a bit off topic to share a few photos of Kansas City. I admit, the only reason I went there was because it was a mostly free trip due to business Pedro had to do there. It was not a city I would have purposely planned a trip to visit. I think it is because of that I feel I owe it to Kansas City to admit that I had misjudged it. Kansas City was actually a very nice place to visit. Above is the skyline view from our hotel window.

Kansas City is known as the City of Fountains, as no other city besides Rome has more. And it's true, you practically can't go two blocks without seeing water spew out of something. But, Kansas City could also have been called the city of statues, murals, public art, public places or even architectural preservation. There was a wide variety of architecture throughout the city. Above is (I think) an Art Deco building.

Above is part of one of many murals I saw. I also saw a lot of very well done graffiti.

1 comment:

Pieceful Jane said...

I would have to agree. Kansas City is a nice place to visit. There is plenty to see/do there and in the surrounding areas.