Tuesday, October 23, 2007

LynnH's Pumpkin-Vanilla Loaf (vegan)

Now that it is fall and pumpkin season, I absolutely must recommend Lynn H's Pumpkin-Vanilla Loaf recipe. It is a vegan recipe with few ingredients, and yet it has so much flavor! Also, it's amazingly moist. The recipe calls for Kamut Brand flour which adds some of the flavor. However, I have also had success using a combination of whole grain flours, such as spelt and barley. Instead of using sugar, I have had success sweetening as follows: 1/2 cup (heaping) of maple sugar (not syrup) plus 3 tablespoons agave nectar. Bake at 335 instead of 350 if you use my sugar substitute.

Also note that the recipe is for two loaves, but my loaf pan is large, so I put all of the batter in my one pan and it turns out great. In my oven it look 50 minutes to bake the one large loaf.

No comments: