Monday, February 11, 2008

Homemade Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella

This is how we ate the freshly made mozzarella from the previous post, on homemade pizzas. DH made the whole wheat crust using a recipe from Peter Reinhart's latest book, Whole Grain Breads. We made the sauce by simmering a small can of crushed tomatoes with olive oil, lots of garlic, and herbs from my window garden. And we also topped the pizza with roasted red peppers and sundried tomatoes sauteed in olive oil. Simply divine!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

J-fer Rose said...

Yum! I've been baking LOTS of bread and pizza lately thanks to you! In fact, I've got a pizza in the oven right now. I've even had groups of friends over twice in the last two weeks for pizza. It's actually a really quick dinner using the "artisan bread in five minutes a day" book you gave me. I can put whatever vegetables, etc. on the pizza and have a yummy dinner with almost no preparation time. So Thousands of thank you's for the gift of that book! Now maybe I better try some of the home-made mozzarella...

Kathleen said...

Hi! You're very welcome! Glad the book has been such an inspiration!