Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Broiled Figs and Goat Cheese

I purchased some organic fresh figs this week as a very special treat, thinking about a recipe that Ana of Kitchen Space posted. You can find her recipe here. I varied it only slightly, because I wanted to make use of some goat cheese that I had. So, my addition was to top the figs with goat cheese before putting them in the broiler. It was a fantastic treat! We ate the figs with crepes, but they would also have been good by themselves or drizzled with maple syrup or honey or maybe balsamic vinegar. I must admit the reason I chose to eat them with crepes is because I can't get crepes out of my mind since watching the Throwdown With Bobby Flay show on Food Network where Chef Flay challenges the chefs of Flip Happy Crepes in Austin. It reminded me of many fond memories of eating crepes on the streets in Europe.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: